The Point of Sales system has become the most dominant form of payment in most retail outlets or restaurants, and thermal paper rolls play an essential role in the system as they can print the consumption details and payment proof in short seconds. So it would be best if you made sure there are paper rolls always working in the POS printer. But when the paper rolls are getting over, you have to know how to install a new roll. Here in this article, we will share the step-by-step procedure to install a new paper roll.
6 Steps to Install a New Paper Roll:
- Turn off the printer and get the roll ready.
- Firstly you have to turn off the printer.
- Make sure the paper roll size is meeting the POS printer’s specifications. You can check this by reading the manual or website or simply ask your paper roll supplier.
- After getting the roll in your hand, remove the gum or glue and roll about 1 inch of paper from the roll.
- Press the “Open” button on the cover of the printer.
- Remove the used paper roll and core.
- Insert the new paper roll into the slot and pull out some paper.
- Close the POS printer cover.
- Tear off the paper and turn the printer on.
2 Points You Should Pay Attention to:
- Do not load the paper in reverse. Thermal receipt paper can only be printed on one side – thermal side, so you must make sure the thermal side has close contact with the thermal heat head.
- It is essential to keep a watch on the receipts which are coming out of the printer. If there are red lines on the receipt coming out from the printer, it indicates that the roll is about to get over.
Here is A Video Tutorial about How to Install A Paper Roll:
The entire procedure to install a new paper roll in the machine will not take you more than 1 minute. Once you follow this procedure step-by-step, it will indeed become much easier for you to change the roll at any given time.