Businesses looking to purchase a label printer can get confused by the differences between direct thermal labels and thermal transfer labels, so we’ve created this Infographic to explain the differences between them and help you make a correct decision.
Not sure whether your label is a direct thermal or thermal transfer? Simply scratch the label with your fingernail. A dark mark will indicate that it’s a direct thermal label, or else it is a thermal transfer label.
How to Choose the Right Label For Your Business?
Here are some tips to help you make a quick decision on choosing the right labels:
- If you are looking for short-term use, choose direct thermal labels. If you are looking for long-term use, please choose thermal transfer labels.
- If you are using a small printer that prints up to 4” (100mm) width, you can use direct thermal labels. If you are using large printers, you can use thermal transfer labels.
- If you don’t want to invest in an expensive printer, you can use direct thermal printers with direct thermal labels.
- If you want to save money on the labels, you can choose thermal transfer labels since direct thermal labels are generally slightly more expensive than thermal transfer.
- If you are still not sure what labels you should use, simply ask your label printer supplier, they will give you the advice.
It is worth understanding the difference between a direct thermal label and thermal transfer label so you can pick the right option for your particular business needs. If you are looking for more information about labels, kindly visit our website pandapaperroll.com or send us an email: [email protected], our team would be glad to help you.
Download this infographic.